The goal of the internationalization strategy is to achieve international recognition through implementing innovative educational programmes and applied research in the interests of industries and society at large.
Main tasks of the University in the field of internationalization and development of international cooperation are the following:
- Realization of joint diploma programmes for academic exchange between students and faculty of the EKSTU and foreign university partners, members of the QS WUR, in the framework of educational programmes and projects in the following areas: postgraduate science scholarships, visits of professors, student exchange for one semester, contracted faculty exchange for one semester; international agreements for preparing doctoral students.
- Attracting applicants and students from India, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Mongolia, Russia, Central Asia, CIS countries.
- Establishing effective procedures of interaction between the University and prospective international students, enrolled students, faculty, researchers, specialists and employers.
Main Functions of the Office of Internationalization and International Cooperation:
- determining priority areas for developing scientific contacts with specific countries, regions, universities, and educational and scientific centers and organizations, as a basis for cooperation in international projects;
- obtaining membership in international associations and institutes and engaging in active collaboration with them;
- communicating with diplomatic representatives of other countries;
- participating in international programs and projects;
- inviting and admitting foreign students, scientists, and teaching staff to the University, supporting coordination of their study or work during their stay in Kazakhstan;
- supporting coordination of business trips abroad for the University employees;
- organizing admission and stay of foreign delegations at the University, preparing visit programmes;
- conducting negotiation and correspondence with foreign partners to promote, strengthen, and develop EKSTU’s international partnerships.